Duck Egg Salad With Oscietra Caviar
Yield: 12 canapes
- 8 duck eggs (chicken eggs can be substituted if duck eggs are unavailable)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 ounce Oscietra caviar**
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Chive tips, as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pan spray, as needed
For the egg salad:
- Place the eggs in a 6-quart stock pot, covered with cold water. Put the pot on the stove over high heat.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove, allowing eggs to stand in the water for 12 minutes. Remove from the water, peel, cool, and chop.
- Mix the eggs with the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, paprika, and green onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the brioche toast:
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Take the slices of brioche, and using a 1 ¾“ ring mold, cut 24 circles.
- Lay the bread on a baking sheet, lightly coat with pan spray, and bake for 6-10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool and reserve.
- Using a small offset spatula, spread a thin layer of egg salad on half of the brioche toast points. Place the other halves on top, making a miniature egg salad sandwich.
- Next, top with a small dollop of caviar, a chive tip, and a sprinkle of red onions. Enjoy!
**Caviar can be sourced from Calvisisus- http://www.calvisiususa.com/caviar.html